Effective as of FEBRUARY 1, 2022.
Welcome to GoodPaw.com (the “Site”). By visiting this Site and accessing any content or using any of the services or products, and any related materials, being made available through the Site (the “Services”), you agree to the following terms and conditions.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS SITE, OR USE ANY OF THE SERVICES BEING MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE, IN ANY MANNER OR FORM.
1. LICENSE – Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, GoodPaw grants to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable right and license, without the right to sublicense, to use the Services and any related materials in accordance with this Agreement and any other written agreement that you may have with GoodPaw. These terms and conditions will also govern any Services upgrades and updates provided by GoodPaw that replace and/or supplement the original Services, unless such upgrades and/or updates are accompanied by a separate license, in which case the terms of that Services license agreement will govern. You are being granted a right and license to access the Site to use the Services and any related materials. This Agreement is a legally binding agreement between you GoodPaw. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are required to immediately cease using the Site, the Services, and any related materials. GoodPaw reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and the licenses granted herein in the event that you breach any term or condition of this Agreement.
2. USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES – GoodPaw is granting you the limited right and license to access and view the Site and to access and use the Services for personal and non-commercial purposes, provided that you are of legal age to form a binding contract in your applicable jurisdiction. When viewing and accessing the Site and using the Services, you agree to comply with your own local laws and regulations regarding online conduct and acceptable content, including laws regulating the export of data to and from your country of residence. You understand that by visiting and accessing the Site and using the Services or products being made available through the Site, you may be exposed to content that you may consider to be offensive, objectionable, indecent, or inappropriate. You agree that visiting and accessing the Site and using any of the Services is at your own risk.
3. SITE AND SERVICE AVAILABILITY – GoodPaw uses commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site and the Service are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. However, there will be occasions when the Site and/or the Services will be interrupted for maintenance, upgrades and emergency repairs or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of GoodPaw. Every reasonable step will be taken by us to minimize such disruption where it is within the reasonable control of GoodPaw. You agree that GoodPaw shall not be responsible or liable to you for (i) the deletion or failure to make available any content, services, products, and other communications maintained or transmitted through the Site and/or Services; or (ii) any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site and/or Services or products or related materials made available to you through the Site and/or Services. You acknowledge that GoodPaw reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit your ability to access and use the Site and/or Services, products, related materials, or other resources or content made available on or through the Site and/or Services. GoodPaw reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or limit certain features or functionality of the Site and/or Services and any related materials, products and/or services being made available to you through the Site and/or Services, at any time and in its sole discretion.
4. CONDUCT – You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct when accessing the Site and using the Services, and for any consequences thereof. You agree NOT to use the Site and/or the Services: (a) for any unlawful purposes; (b) to impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise to misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity while using the Services, related materials, or products; (c) to collect, intercept or harvest user names or store personal data about other visitors of the Site or users of the Services, related materials, or products, or to solicit or attempt to discover a user's password, user name or other registration information without the user's express knowledge and consent; (d) to interfere with or interrupt the operation of the Site and/or Services or gain unauthorized access to the Site and/or Services through the use of any malware, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or through any other means; and (e) to reproduce, duplicate, copy, or resell the Services, and related materials, or any content or products that are made available through the Site and/or Services, or any portion of thereof, unless otherwise authorized by GoodPaw. You agree that monetary damages for a breach of or a threatened breach of any of the foregoing will not be adequate and that in the event you violate any term or condition of this Agreement, GoodPaw shall be entitled to injunctive relief (including temporary and preliminary relief), liquidated damages, and any other remedies available at law.
6. COPYRIGHT RESTRICTION – The Site, and any content, products and/or services being made available to you through the Site, may contain copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary and confidential material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws and treaties. GoodPaw, or the applicable third-party licensor(s), retain all patent, trademarks, and copyright to any content, products, and services published on the Site. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, GoodPaw grants to you a limited, non-transferable and non-exclusive right to access and use the Site and any products and/or services being made available to you through the Site. You shall not directly, and shall not attempt to allow or assist any third party to, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the Site, the Services, or any of the products and/or services being made available to you through the Site and Services, nor shall you create any derivative works or other works that are based upon or derived from the Site content, the Services, or any of the products and/or services being made available to you through the Site and Services, in whole or in part. GoodPaw, and its applicable licensors, retain sole and exclusive ownership of all right, title and interest in and to the content and the Services provided through the Site and all intellectual property rights relating thereto including without limitation GoodPaw’s name, any product or service names, any GoodPaw logos and graphic files that represents the Site content, products and/or services being made available through the Site. You further agree not to remove, obscure, or alter any GoodPaw or any third-party copyright notices, trademarks, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within or accessed in conjunction with or through the Site and/or the Services. You acknowledge and agree that third parties, may own right, title and interest in and to certain content, logos, images, graphic files, products, and/or services hosted on the Site or otherwise presented to you through the Site and Services, and that such content may be protected by applicable intellectual property laws and other laws and treaties. Copyright law and international copyright treaty provisions protect all parts of the Site and the Services. No program, code, part, image, graphic file, or text may be copied, distributed, or used in any way by you except as intended within the bounds of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are reserved for GoodPaw or its applicable licensors.
7. ADVERTISING AND LINKS – GoodPaw may display third party advertisements and promotions on the Site or through the Services that have been made available to you through the Site. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by GoodPaw on the Site or through any Services are subject to change at any time. GoodPaw may have agreements with certain third-party providers that entitle GoodPaw to a referral fee or referral commission from such third party providers under certain circumstances. You agree that GoodPaw shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you as a result of your dealings with such third parties. GoodPaw may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other Internet sites or resources. Because GoodPaw has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that GoodPaw is not responsible for the availability of such external websites, resources, content or policies that govern the use of those websites. Furthermore, GoodPaw does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services, or other materials on or being made available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that GoodPaw shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such advertising content, goods, products, and/or services available on or through any such site or resource, nor will GoodPaw accept any responsibility for any viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other forms of destructive malware that may infect your computer systems as a result of your use of any third party websites.
8. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA – You agree that GoodPaw may collect and use information transmitted by you through the Site or the Services and/or gathered in any manner as part of the Services provided to you, if any. GoodPaw may also use any information collected to improve and enhance the Site and the Services and to provide notices to you which may be of use or interest to you.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES – Any information being provided to you through the Site and/or Services are being provided by GoodPaw to assist you in your purchasing decisions and do not constitute, and should not be construed as, professional advice or recommendations or a substitute for the exercise of your own judgement. Under no circumstances shall any content or information available through the Site be deemed an endorsement of any third-party service provider, steering a consumer to one service provider over any other service provider, that such third-party service provider will be suitable for your needs, or that other service providers may not be suitable for your needs. THE SITE, AND ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES BEING MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTIES EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED HEREIN. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GOODPAW MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. GOODPAW DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT (I) THE SITE OR ANY PUBLISHED CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) THE SITE AND ANY PUBLISHED PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE DISPLAYED OR OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, OR ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES BEING MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR OTHER RELATED MATERIALS PROVIDED OR OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, OR RELIABLE; AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SITE OR PUBLISHED CONTENT, OR ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY CONTENT AND INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROPERTY, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES THAT ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM GOODPAW OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION - Information on this Site and through the Services may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors although GoodPaw will make commercially reasonable efforts to maintain and review all its content. Information and any content available on this Site or through the Services may be changed or updated at any time without prior notice to you. You will indemnify, hold harmless, and defend GoodPaw, its employees, directors, officers, and authorized agents against any and all claims, proceedings, demand and costs (including litigation costs and attorneys’ fees) resulting from or in any way connected with your use of the Site, Services, the information, and any content, products, and services that are made available on or through the Site and the Services resulting from your breach of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Although you are able to obtain information about certain products and/or services through the Site, GoodPaw itself does not sell the aforementioned products and/or services and is not a party to any transaction between you and the applicable third-party provider. IN NO EVENT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IN THE EVENT OF NEGLIGENCE) WILL GOODPAW, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OR AUTHORIZED AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, OR PECUNIARY LOSS), IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO: (I) THIS AGREEMENT; (II) ANY SITE CONTENT; (III) ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE; (IV) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE AND/OR SERVICES; (V) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE; (VI) YOUR PURCHASE OF ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT(S) AND/OR SERVICE(S) THROUGH SERVICES; OR (VII) THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF ANY OTHER MATTERS HEREUNDER WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, EVEN IF EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. TERMINATION - GoodPaw reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and your access to the Site and Services, including without limitation, your access to any products and/or services available through the Site, at any time and with or without cause and without notice.
12. EQUITABLE RELIEF - You agree that a material breach of this Agreement by you would cause irreparable injury to GoodPaw for which there may be no adequate remedy at law. GoodPaw shall have the right to apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for injunctive relief and specific performance, without prejudice to any remedies available to it at law or in equity.
13. GOVERNING LAW – This Agreement and all claims related to it, or the performance by both parties under it, shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflicts of law rules. You hereby irrevocably attorn and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York, and any competent Courts of Appeal therefrom, and expressly and irrevocably waive any defense of personal and/or subject matter jurisdiction in those courts or any claim on the grounds of forum non conveniens. The failure of GoodPaw to exercise or enforce at any time any of the provisions of this Agreement, or the failure to require at any time performance by you of any of the provisions of this Agreement, shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provisions, nor in any way affect GoodPaw’s ability to enforce each and every such provision thereafter. If any provision shall be considered unlawful, void or otherwise unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and not affect the validity and enforceability of any other provisions. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law: (i) no legal proceeding shall be joined with any other; (ii) there is no right or authority for any dispute under this Agreement to be litigated or resolved on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (iii) there is no right or authority for any dispute under this Agreement to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other person. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST GOODPAW ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
14. NOTICE AND AMENDMENT TO TERMS - GoodPaw reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time and without prior notice to you. We shall notify you of any material changes to this Agreement by providing you with notification of such changes which will appear in a prominent location on the Site. Your continued use of the Site and Services following any notice of changes will constitute as your acknowledgement and acceptance of any modified terms to the Agreement.
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT – The terms and conditions of this Agreement (including any policies, guidelines or amendments that may be presented to you from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and GoodPaw and govern your use of the Site, and any products and/or services made available to you through the Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and GoodPaw. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use any other current or future products and/or services made available through the Site. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. No term or condition of the Agreement will be deemed waived, and no breach excused, unless such waiver or consent is in writing and signed by GoodPaw. The failure of GoodPaw to enforce at any time any of the provisions of this Agreement, or the failure to require at any time performance by you of any of the provisions of this Agreement, shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provisions, nor in any way affect the ability of GoodPaw to enforce each and every such provision thereafter.